These pancakes are basic, but they’ve instantly become a breakfast staple for me. This recipe makes the perfect single serving size of good, filling oatmeal pancakes and there is plenty of room for customization by adding chocolate chips or other morsels to the batter or trying out different toppings.
Oatmeal Pancakes (taken from Chocolate Covered Katie)
Makes 4 silver dollar sized pancakes
- 1/6 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/6 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 3 drops almond extract
- sugar or sweetener (optional, I added 1/2 tsp)
- a bit over 1/16 tsp salt
- egg replacer for about 1/4 of an egg (I used a little over 1 tsp ground flax, mixed with 2 tsp water)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup water or non-dairy milk
Combine all of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Grease a skillet with non-stick spray and turn stove to medium heat. pancakes. Scoop about two tablespoons worth of batter for each pancake; flip when bottoms are light brown and remove from heat when browned on both sides and cooked through.
I topped mine with some pumpkin peanut butter and they were absolutely delicious.