- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar or Sucralose based sweetener
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup date syrup, maple syrup, or other liquid sweetener
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed (for serving)
- additional syrup drizzled on top to taste (I used brown rice sugar)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick spray.
In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, chia or flax, salt and sugar. In blender, combine water, 1/2 cup mixed berries, and balsamic vinegar and blend until smooth.
Add syrup and blueberry mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until completely mixed. Pour into cake pan.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely before gently inverting onto serving platter. Top with berry mix and drizzle with additional syrup.